Archivethe.Net (AtN) is a shared Web archiving platform operated by the Internet Memory Research. It brings the best web archiving technology, scalability and economy of scale to any cultural institution willing to get engaged in Web Archiving.
What AtN Web archiving shared Platform can do for you
ArchivetheNet platform helps institutions to easily and quickly start collecting websites including dynamic content and rich media, enabling navigation in past versions of a website, as if it was still live.
By using a shared platform of web archiving, institutions retain full control on their collection policy (sites selection, depth, gathering frequency, etc.), while benefiting from a dedicated and optimized crawling infrastructure. They also retain custody of collected material with a regular delivery of complete copies of collected material in the ISO 28500:2009 WARC format.
ArchivetheNet is a Web archiving platform, designed as a SaaS (Software as a Service). It is an unique combination of an automated software service and quality assurance performed by a qualified team in crawl monitoring and patching.
Our Web archiving platform offers integrated features managed through a Web interface (see Modules). ArchivetheNet can manage the whole Web Archiving process from the selection of content to the collection management, the hosting and the production of statistics reports. The Quality Assurance is provided through a external module.
Benefits of Archivethe.net
• Rapid deployment of a Web archiving project
• Lower costs by a control of financial charges, based on collections (size, variety of contents) best return on investment
• Economy of scale for infrastructure costs, research and development and energy consumption by mutualizing resources
• Following the state of the art: benefits of ongoing technological developments through specific or common R&D projects
• Best practices for digital preservation (metadata and redundancy backup). The Internet Memory Foundation is an active member of the International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC).
• Data are hosted in our own environmentally friendly datacenter
By using this shared Web archiving platform, institutions can focus on selection policy and long-term preservation.
What makes Archivethe.net different?
Actively participating in European research projects (LiWA, LivingKnowledge, ...), the Internet Memory Foundation and the Internet Memory Research develop innovative tools and skills, which are integrated to the process. These developments contribute continually to the improvement of its services:
• Full text indexing
• Automatic redirection service to redirect users to the archived version of a removed page instead of 404 error message (implemented at large scale on UK governmental websites)
• Advanced module for collecting multimedia and social media content
• Antispam detection in large crawls, which can save up to 20-30% of storage space and time